Hi,
I would suggest you use the popular sprite technique for this. Using HTML
text as link text - applying a background image to the link, changing its
background positioning on rollover (if you do want to use a different visual
for a mouse over effect).

I wrote a quick tutorial for my webstudents on this soem time ago - might
explain in more detail what I mean:
http://graphiceyedea.co.uk/wp/2007/10/30/clever-rollovers/
(have a look at the sample file for links to other articles on this)

Hope this helps :-)
Prisca

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Krystian - Sunlust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> hmm, well if u
> - used images as background for the effect and text on it in html then
> you could add a nice highlight effect when people hoover them...
> - you can always use plain text but I'm not sure about the positioning
> - you can also use just images and use a nice swap technique - and
> provide a text-only navigation at the bottom of the page like in this
> tutorial: http://www.subcide.com/tutorials/csslayout/
>

> --
> Krystian - Sunlust - I-M-A:
> Freelancer on the side: http://sunlust.net
> Full time Website Designer: http://smesolutions.co.uk/

> Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

• graphiceyedea.co.uk • eyedea.eu • eyelearn.org •