If the skip link is serving a valid purpose I see no problem using it.

Keep in mind the purpose of the skip link - does the promotion contain items that would slow keyboard navigation? if not you probably do not need it.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
Designer/Developer
Sites by Joe, LLC
"Clean, Simple & Elegant Web Design"