On 7/18/07, Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I did some other searches, and found something that said that test runner
executes them "randomly",

well, not 'randomly' but alphanumerically. test unit is built in a such a
way as not to introduce dependency between tests in a test case class. That
works for Unit tests but for our functional unit tests we need sequential
execution sometimes.
Please take a look at Watir::TestCase class. By default it sets up execution
of tests sequentially.

Maybe this should be added to FAQ on Watir site or a section on TestUnit.

So instead of doing this:
require 'test/unit'
class TC_myTests < Test::Unit::TestCase

do this:
require 'watir/testcase'
class TC_myTests < Watir::TestCase

and all your tests run sequentially.

--marekj

so I renamed my tests like it had suggested ,
test_000_name1  test_001_name2  etc to force the ordering, and it
worked.  There were multiple tests, but they had to be run in
sequence.  Thanks, that did the trick.