... will the new dialog functionality replace the AutoIT stuff as well ?

On 8/3/05, Bret Pettichord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Another complication of this is that some frame properties are not
> accessible from the frame itself, but rather from its container. This is
> because, internally, there is a Frame element and a Window element referred
> to by the frame and contained in the Frames array. To see what i mean, look
> at what i recently had to do to allow Frames to be accessed by id instead
> of name -- kinda hairy.
>
> The design principle with Watir is that we try to make Watir be intuitive,
> even if that means our code isn't a simple mapping to the OLE objects.

I fully agree with that, if all I wanted was access to the COM stuff,
I could do that without WATiR.

> Ultimately, i think we need to start taking a more experimental approach.
> We need to be able to release an implementation and discuss it and modify
> it, *before* we commit to supporting it.

So, where/how is the repository ( SCM ) run now?

I mean, if this is an experimentation thing, we need to get setup to
go and pull source to try the experimental version, and leave the
"release" version for the people that don't want to play with new
features that will most likely change before release.

> Right now i am working on new dialog support code. I think everyone will
> like both the new API and the new functionality that will come with it. If
> so, we then face what to do with the old WinClicker and WindowHandler code,
> which i would like to deprecate.

So, does this new functionality replace the AutoIT stuff or does it
wrap it ... or what ???

> Bret
>
> At 10:27 AM 8/3/2005, Paul Rogers wrote:
> >ah, good point. Should it perhaps only iterate the top level frames?
> >
> >and if you wanted lower level frames, you would apply an iterator to that
> >frame. Seems like this way would save me work;-) But probably be less
> >intuiitive.

I'm MORE than happy to help with coding as well. I'm not familiar with
how things normally work with RubyForge projects ( or at the general
open source level either ) ... I've mostly worked in closed source
environments...

But, I'd be GLAD to help make the current Best-In-Class solution the
Best Solution Possible.

j.

--
"So long, and thanks for all the fish"