This could be the problem that the "install-name" of a shared library
on the mac needs to be set to the correct absolute path to be able to
link.
I encountered the same problem with the shared library version of
wxHaskell from Dave's branch (allowing ghci to work with wx!). That
version is working on my mac with wx2.9.3 for Xcode 4.2. I explained
the required fixes here :

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CAD3si9i_Hr5J36FanSTwdFHVkRPjxsC5Far0M_Zm5JBdeeKZgg%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=wxhaskell-devel

Note that the attachments stop the text from being shown, so see the
replies for the actual mails.

Kenneth