Hi Jeremy,

I don't know if you continued working on this, but I forked wxHaskell on
GitHub and tried to implement it myself:
https://github.com/FabianBinz/wxHaskell

For testing purposes, I only implemented the OnGetItemText and SetItemCount
method and it seems to work.

To implement the "virtual" list control, I defined a new class
wxVirtualListCtrl in wxc:

https://github.com/FabianBinz/wxHaskell/blob/master/wxc/src/include/virtuall
istctrl_impl.h

Since it needs to invoke a callback function, I created the typedef
OnGetItemTextCallback. To make wxdirect accept this new type, I extended the
parser (patomtype) in ParseC.hs. This solution is very ad-hoc and I think
because wxc is supposed to be a language agnostic C wrapper, we should maybe
add another macro to wcx_types.hs (something like TCallback), which is then
recognized by wxdirect.

So, while this all works pretty well, there is unfortunately a memory leak
in Graphics.UI.WXCore.VirtualListCtrl, because of my use of newCString. At
the moment I don't know how to fix it and would be glad if someone could
give me some advice.

Regards,

Fabian