PS addition to previous mail, another rather basic question:

ref  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/WxHaskell/MacOS_X

Step 3 says:
"Check your path to make sure you are using your wxWidgets and not the default
Mac one"

I assume this means that $PATH should lead to my wxWidgets 2.9.3 library and
not any other version,
and presumably the directories in $PATH are searched in the order in which they
appear when shown
by "echo $PATH".
In my case this is:
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/Users/henrylockyer/Scala/bin:/usr/X11/bin

I have built wxWidgets in a directory under my user and from looking at the g++
commands issued, and
also from trying to decrypt a little of one of the demo makefiles
". . .
wx_top_builddir =
/Users/henrylockyer/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-2.9.3/build-cocoa-debug
. . .
LIBDIRNAME = $(wx_top_builddir)/lib
. . ."
                 from this I conclude I need the path to point to this
directory:
/Users/henrylockyer/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-2.9.3/build-cocoa-debug/lib

But what should be included in the path?
The directory containing 'lib' (ie. .../build-cocoa-debug),
or including the lib directory itself (ie. .../build-cocoa-debug/lib),
or something else?

Then, how to ensure my path is not leading to the "default Mac one"?
Taking a look for wx* in the PATH directories I find that they contain some
things which look
suspiciously like they may relate to an earlier wxWidgets version (eg.
"wxrc-2.8" below):

Henrys-iMac:~ henrylockyer$ ls /usr/bin/wx* /bin/wx*  /usr/sbin/wx*
/usr/local/bin/wx*
ls: /bin/wx*: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/local/bin/wx*: No such file or directory
ls: /usr/sbin/wx*: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/wx-config              /usr/bin/wxPerl5.8.9
/usr/bin/wxperl_demo5.8.9.pl    /usr/bin/wxperl_overload5.8.9
/usr/bin/wxperl_xspp5.8.9
/usr/bin/wxPerl                 /usr/bin/wxperl_demo.pl
/usr/bin/wxperl_overload        /usr/bin/wxperl_xspp            /usr/bin/wxrc
/usr/bin/wxPerl5.10.0           /usr/bin/wxperl_demo5.10.0.pl
/usr/bin/wxperl_overload5.10.0  /usr/bin/wxperl_xspp5.10.0
/usr/bin/wxrc-2.8

It seems to be mostly to do with 'wxperl', but:
- Is there in fact something here which will interfere with wxHaskell 0.9 /
wxWidgets 2.9.3 in general ?
- Is looking for things beginning with "wx" sufficient to find "the default Mac
one" in the path?
- If the items listed are significant then what to do about them without
causing other problems?
- Include the wxWidgets 2.9.3 lib directory path into the first searched path
file as the first searched path, ie. before /usr/bin ?

Thanks..
/ Henry