On 8/10/06, Doug Currie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just tested my conjecture, and adding the line:
>
> #include <wx/wx.h>
>
> in the configure script here:
>
> /* end confdefs.h.  */
> #include <wx/wx.h>
> #include <wx/stedit/stedit.h>
>
> works for me.

Yes this has already been fixed in the CVS version of wxStEdit. I will
also adjust the configure script to #include "wx/wx.h" just to be
sure. Additionally I am trying to get configure to work a little more
seamlessly and have added some hacks so that you can specify the
wxstedit path and the actual lib to link against. Unfortunately we
need a nice way to systematically name the libs uniformly, ideally
using the exact same syntax for the build settings that wxWidgets
uses. (I have asked about that on wx-dev years ago, but the need for
this fell on deaf ears unfortunately) I think that we (I and other
wxCode people) should add this naming ability to our bakefiles, but
I'm not sure how to go about just yet.

I'm still trying to get the configure working properly. If you're
using Linux, you might want to just use the Makefiles in the src dirs,
where the ones in the apps dirs will automatically build whatever that
app needs. These Makefiles use wx-config and are fairly simple to
understand, they output the libs to the "wx-config --exec-prefix" dir
so that must be writable. The apps themselves are just compiled to the
src dir you're building from.

I will try to work some more on configure as I have not tried it
before a few days ago, unfortunately Francesco is away for the next
couple weeks and we use a modified version of Bakefile so some of the
changes they might need to be made can't be done properly until we get
the bakefiles redone.

Sorry about the problems, hopefully I can get it sorted out fairly quickly
    John Labenski