Thank you very much. The files work alright now.
I did realise something though: I have been running wxlua, not wxluaedit. The 2.6.2 binary windows installer does not install wxluaedit, and since wxlua without a file starts as an editor, I thought that I had gotten the real editor to work.
I was very happy with the "upgraded" interface of wxluaedit compared to wxlua. Much, much nicer.
I tested the new version of wxlua, and it still takes 4kb every 2 seconds, regardless of what I do. No worries though, as I plan on using the real editor from now on :)

I had to rewrite some of my code to work with this new version. I have stripped the scribble-demo in order to get plotting and line-drawing working. It works great, but I haven't had time to delve into WHY, time-pressure to get the data generator going.

I feel a little giddy, it's a bit like coming home to Turbo Pascal, or 8-bit BASIC. I think LUA is a very nice prototyping language, and WxWidgets makes it really easy to present the data to my spectators. I have NEVER done any windows-programs before, so WxLUA is my first attempt and success at this. I ususally do deeply embedded programming.

/Adam