On 9/6/06, Adam Klotblixt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you very much. The files work alright now.
> I did realise something though: I have been running wxlua, not wxluaedit.
> The 2.6.2 binary windows installer does not install wxluaedit, and since
> wxlua without a file starts as an editor, I thought that I had gotten the
> real editor to work.
> I was very happy with the "upgraded" interface of wxluaedit compared to
> wxlua. Much, much nicer.

Be warned however that wxluaedit is really only for prototyping, it
runs the wxlua program in the main thread as the wxluaeditor and if
you really mess things up you can crash it. the wxlua program spawns
another process to execute the program. It also means that anything
run in wxluaedit is MUCH slower than if you run it "natively" by
running wxluafreeze.exe "program.lua" since it takes time slices to
update the wxluaedit gui.

> I tested the new version of wxlua, and it still takes 4kb every 2 seconds,
> regardless of what I do. No worries though, as I plan on using the real
> editor from now on :)

Humm... I'll look into this. That does sound like a lot of memory after awhile.

Regards,
    John Labenski