On 12/5/06, Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have been playing around with editor.wx.lua THIS IS A GREAT PROGRAM I just
> love it. I encountered the output to problem and tried to solve it.
>
> I am new to this Lua world, so this may be really wrong, but it seems to
> works.
>
> file wxLua\samples\editor.wx.lua
> line 1513
> from: local cmd = '"'..programName..'" '..'-c '..openDocuments[id].filePath
> ---
> to: local cmd = '"'..programName..'" '..openDocuments[id].filePath
>
> The ouputs goes to the console. Maybe this should be an option.

I have not looked too much at the console, doesn't this pop up a text
box to show the output in? It's a hack for MSW since usually stuff
printed to stdout goes nowhere. This would be a nice option though.

> I am planning to see if I can fix other related problems and maybe add some
> features. Should I report the changes here? Is anybody actively working on
> this
> editor?

That would be great. You can use the sourceforge patch tracker or just
post them here if they're small.

If you work on it could you use the CVS version of editor.wx.lua or at
least the most recent snapshot from the download page. I would
appreciate any fixes or enhancements.

I went through it a few months ago, adding comments and reordering it,
but got distracted by the socket code and switched to that.

Thanks,
    John Labenski