Hi,

John Labenski wrote:
[snip]

> I personally don't have any idea and would naively think that
> wxConvCurrent instead of wxConvUTF8 is the right thing to do.

Just to feed some more food :)

Code::Blocks uses this code (GPL):

// Return @c str as a proper unicode-compatible string
wxString cbC2U(const char* str)
{
#if wxUSE_UNICODE
     return wxString(str, *wxConvCurrent);
#else
     return wxString(str);
#endif
}

// Return multibyte (C string) representation of the string
wxWX2MBbuf cbU2C(const wxString& str)
{
#if wxUSE_UNICODE
     return str.mb_str(*wxConvCurrent);
#else
     return (wxChar*)str.mb_str();
#endif
}

- I didn't compare them with your summary
- FlameRobin and Code::Blocks works fine in WinXP-Turkish, Ubuntu-Dapper

--
Regards,
Hakki Dogusan