On 12/9/06, Francesco Montorsi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> well, looking better at your post, probably my changes won't help you.
> It looks like wxStEdit and wxBindSTC are not fully 2.8-ready...

They should be updated and work in GTK. Klaas, the errors you get seem
like mixed headers? For example wxSTC had GetCaretLineBack in 2.6, but
now has GetCaretLineBackground and it's #ifdefed for 2.7.1 (when the
change occurred) in stc.cpp.

You've got 2.6 headers in your 2.8... in 2.6 wxVideoMode is a struct
in 2.8 it's a class. Check your $(WXWIN) var.

> >> Next i did not manage to build in release:
> >>
> >> nmake -f makefile.vc BUILD=release
> >> does nothing if debug is already build.
> I'll look at this tomorrow

See other message... It'd be nice to be able to build them all at
once. Maybe separate dirs in bin?

> >> Next i did not find lua5.1.exe anymore? Is that right? I used it to
> >> generate my own bindings.
> >> Should i use wxLua.exe??
> no, just wxlua-lua.exe . However I'm not still 100% sure we are settled
> down with that name.
>
> Just as for the name of the vanilla lua library which we build in wxLua,
> I've some doubt. We have two choices:
>
>   1) call it using "standard" lua names (lua5.1.lib and lua.exe) and
> overwrite the user's system-wide installations of these files when doing
> "make install"
>
>   2) call it using wxLua-way of naming so we're sure we don't override
> anything.
>
> Currently I've setup bakefiles to go with #2 but I have the feeling I'm
> missing something which may go in favour of #1.... do I ?

I think I'm leaning towards #2 now... #1 is probably easier and less
confusing, but there's the overwriting problem.

Thanks, I think things are really shaping up for a very nice 2.8 release.
    John Labenski