hi,
i did not use cmake. just configure and make. why cmake ? no clue.

i read install.html again and tried once again with configure-shell-script
in extra build directory. but now it still tells me that
wxcode_gtk2ud_stedit-2.8 could not be found. i have installed it twice,
once with prefix /usr/local (default) and again with prefix /usr
libwxcode_gtk2ud_stedit-2.8.so exists in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib

i used wxlua-configure option --with-wxstedit-prefix=/usr/local
i tried to set env variable WXSTEDIT to wxstedit-include-path for both
prefix=/usr and /usr/local ( /usr/local/include/wx/stedit/ )
but could not succeed.