Hi John,

wxwidgets team is getting ready to release v3.1.0 in about two weeks
and it would be great to refresh the API in wxlua, fix some
outstanding issues, and release the next version of wxlua. The upgrade
will also include the latest Scintilla version (3.6.3), so it would be
ideal to include added events/API calls as well. I tried to add some
of them myself, but ran into issues even with simple methods like
GetLibraryVersionInfo (it returns wxVersionInfo, which wxlua doesn't
know about).

Here are some of the recent discussions that may be relevant for the upgrade:

1. Memory leak in wxlua:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wxlua/mailman/message/34430092/
2. MacOpenFiles and related methods:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wxlua/mailman/message/34559782/
3. wxButton class is missing all the methods from wxAnyButton class
it's inherited from
(http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx_button.html). This affects
methods like GetBitmap* and SetBitmap* as those are not present in
wxButton (but rather inherited from wxAnyButton).
4. Several other methods missing:
http://sourceforge.net/p/wxlua/mailman/message/32988247/

There are likely to be more methods not in the bindings and I'm not
sure what the best way to deal with those. Are you usually adding them
manually? The more wxlua lags behind, the more difficult it becomes to
add them. I've tried to go through 5k+ lines of stc.h to identify
updated constants and methods, but there are just too many changes to
do it manually; I considered writing a script, but there are also too
many version-specific manual changes to make the script to work. I'm
open to suggestions on how to proceed with these changes.

In general, are you up for making some of these changes over the next
2-3 weeks? If not, I'll probably try to apply some of them myself (I
have a clone of current wxlua code on github), but I have not been
able to figure out how to fix the memory leak or how to support Mac*
classes, so would welcome your assistance.

Paul.