Am 29.03.2017 um 15:20 schrieb John Cobo:

> For about £8 one can buy a
> little keyboard, more of a remote control with letters. If this were
> plugged into the Pi for use when typing secure passwords could that
> help? I'm guessing this would require the Pi to run both X2Go server and
> a client with the person's laptop connected as a client to the same X2Go
> session. Is this possible?

Sadly, no, this is the one feature that currently doesn't work on ARM -
mirroring the session that is directed at the physical input/outputs.
On Intel hardware, it would work.

> I worry that people would not want to bypass their familair OS and
> laptop for day to day browsing as per your suggestion of inverting the
> idea. I can see that is a great solution for an office environment
> though, excellent even.

Well, with Published Application Mode, it's not as much of a bypass as
it is a seamless integration (Did you watch one of our videos demoing
Published Application Mode?  If not, I suggest doing so - this one
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawYNTgOBac> has German text, but you
don't have to understand German for it, you should be able to figure out
what's happening just by watching).  But yes, getting a home user set up
like that isn't as easy as it is in a corporate environment.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur