Dear $ALL,

As stated in the subject line, X2Go: The Gathering 2019 will take place
at Linuxhotel, Essen, Germany, from Friday afternoon, 2019-09-27, to
Sunday afternoon/evening, 2019-09-29m and will, again, be a three-day
"work and play" (coding, chatting, sightseeing, socializing).

X2Go: The Gathering is the annual event where users, admins, and
developers (including the i18n volunteers) of X2Go meet face to face, to
discuss current X2Go-related issues, fix open bugs, and have a good time
getting to know each other.
As there is some overlap between X2Go, Arctica, and orca e.V., you can
expect to see members of those groups as well.

*ATTENTION!* If you want to join us *and* want to sleep in one of the
hotel rooms at the Linuxhotel, we need the number of beds and nights you
want to reserve, as well as *your full name* (as printed on your
passport) and *your nationality* by *2019-08-19* *23:59:59* *CEST* (yes,
that's 2019-08-19, *not* 2019-09-19)!!!  Very important!!!  After that
date, we will be unable to reserve a room for you!  First come, first
serve!  As single rooms are in short supply, please book your bed in a
2- or 3-bed room, unless you absolutely have to use a single room.

Please send your reservation request to x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de with the
text "The Gathering" somewhere in the subject and bug me publicly on the
X2Go-Project list if you don't receive a confirmation by e-mail after a
day or two.

Currently, the following core team members already have valid
registrations and thus do not need to re-register:

- Baur, Stefan 'Stefan#1' (BAUR-ITCS)
- DePaulo, Michael Swinick 'Mike#2'
- Mike 'Mike#1' Gabriel (DAS-NETZWERKTEAM)
- Grabowski, Juri (LiHAS)
- Moldovan, Mihai 'ionic' (BAUR-ITCS)
- Sibiller, Ulrich
- Graesing, Heinz-M. 'h1.org'
- Shneyder, Oleksandr 'Alex' (phoca)

If for some reason or other you do *not* need a place to sleep at
Linuxhotel, but *do* want to join us, please *still* let us know in
advance that you're planning to visit.  There's no such hard deadline as
for the room reservations, but you will need to "check in" (and there
will be an "Admission fee") for our gathering with the Linuxhotel staff,
so please *do* let us know in advance.

We will be updating the Wiki page
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/events:x2go-gathering-2019>
as more information becomes available.  Certain things, like our
breakfast options, or having lunch/dinner served by Linuxhotel instead
of having to order from a delivery service, can only be planned once we
know the exact number of participants.

Since we're still in the early planning phase, we do not yet have any
sponsors for the event (though we plan to approach the "usual suspects"
from previous years), so if you know someone willing and able to
co-sponsor the event, please let me know at <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de>.
Whether they wish to send us some "swag" with their company branding, or
pledge money that we can use to lower dining and lodging costs for our
participants, their sponsorship is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Stefan Baur, "X2Go: The Gathering" event organizer

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur