Hi Stefan, dear X2Go Community,

On  Mo 18 Dez 2023 12:32:53 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

Am 11.12.23 um 22:13 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
Hi everyone,

today we have started the X2Go GitLab migration. The previous Git server is now set to read-only while the migration is in process.

Please be patient with contributions, we will inform you when work can continue on gitlab.x2go.org. This should be by the end of the week at the latest.

light + love + we apologize for the inconvenience
Mike

Hi everyone,

The migration $SHOULD be complete by now.

Mike will follow up with more details and technical info $SOON.

-Stefan

We are happy to announce that our first step of migrating the X2Go code base to our self-hosted GitLab instance is now complete:
https://gitlab.x2go.org

The last missing piece I set up this week: CI builds via Jenkins (building all X2Go components against Debian testing):
https://jenkins.x2go.org:8443/job/GitLab_group-x2go/

If you want to contribute to X2Go in the future, please sign up for an account on https://gitlab.x2go.org. You can either do this by

  * using your GitLab.com login
- and then ping either gratuxri (this is Juri) or sunweaver (this is me) on
      irc.libera.chat#x2go
    - or send an email to either of us (see below)
    - we need to activate your account...
  * sending an account request to:
    - either Mike Gabriel (this is me): mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de
    - or Juri Grabowski: x...@jugra.de
    - or both (and see who is faster ;-) )

Another (still) missing piece is a final consensus about the continuation of the currently used X2Go Bugtracker (software: debbugs). We have heard complaints from many people and received flowers from a few (mostly from Debianities as debbugs is what is driving Debian bugtracker). We'll have some internal project management sessions this month to finalize the bug tracker topic. So, stay tuned... (and ask, if you don't here back from either of us).

What you all can already do: send us MR on https://gitlab.x2go.org, your contributions are most welcome!!!

If you encounter any issues with the new X2Go GitLab, please let us know via our x2go-dev mailing list. Thank you!

light+love + let's do some coding
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de