Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 03:28:01 +0200
From: Mihai Moldovan <io...@ionic.de>
To: Robert Dinse <nan...@eskimo.com>
Cc: "x2go-user@lists.x2go.org" <x2go-user@lists.x2go.org>
Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] Keyboard Translation Mac/OS

On 05.05.2015 03:09 AM, Robert Dinse wrote:
       For what it's worth it might be better to make it dependent upon
/bin/sh rather than bash.  It must only need those facilities since it
works with different supersets of /bin/sh, and /bin/sh is ubiquitous,
where as bash may not be present on some more anitique Unixes (though it
will compile on anything, I've even got it compiled on an antique Sun SS-10
running SunOS 4.1.4)

In general, yes, but I honestly don't know if X2Go Client is not by any chance
issuing commands non-POSIX-sh-compatible. I'll have to very carefully asses this
prior to switching to /bin/sh.

Also, this *will* make quoting more complicated, which is probably the initial
reason it wasn't implemented this way.

/bin/sh -c 'commands "here shall NOT use single quotes"; or '"'"else"'"

Mihai