Hello Ulrich,
  Thank you for replying!  What it does is it kills the client connection but
the session is still running.  When I reconnect it tries to resume and will
usually show the desktop for a few seconds and then the connection is killed
again.  If I do this enough times (3-5 times) it will resume successfully but
the window is not resized and I still cannot resize it, but the session is
otherwise working fine.

I cannot get the linux x2go client (4.0.5.1) to work because of this issue
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2014-05/msg00556.html
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2014-05/msg00076.html

I don't use the linux client so this is not an issue for me but for this
troubleshooting I can try to get it working.

I did try this test with a much older version (4.0.1.4) of the client on linux
(which does work on RHEL6) and I was able to resize in windowed mode
successfully.  That may be enough to answer your question (and isolate it to
windows).  If not let me know and I will pursue getting 4.0.5.1 linux client
working on RHEL6.  According to the bug reports, I would have to update libssh
to >= 0.6 but that is problematic on RHEL6 (apparently it's unsupported because
I can't even download it from RHN for RHEL6 but I can for RHEL7).  I will have
to install some newer packages in parallel with the older versions and update
LD_LIBRARY_PATH when using x2goclient...

As far as giving you the application, unfortunately this application is
proprietary and I do not own it so I cannot give it to you.  I know I am not
giving you much to help me troubleshoot this and I do apologize for that.  If
you simply don't have enough information to troubleshoot this problem I
completely understand.

One clue I found in the user's .xsession-x2go-errors log is an entry like this:

Window manager warning: Window <hex> (<RESIZING APP NAME>) sets an MWM hint
indicating it isn't resizable, but sets min size <X1>x<Y1> and max size of
<X2>x<Y2>; this doesn’t make much sense.

This seems like the smoking gun, based on my limited understanding of what is
going on.  I could try and write a stub application (in motif which this
problem application is written in) and attempt to reproduce this problem.  That
code I could give you.  If or when that is worthwhile let me know and I can
start on that.

Thank you again for your help.

-Dennis

-Dennis