Dear Stefan,

>     Il 25 giugno 2018 alle 21.26 Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> ha
> scritto:
>
>     Hi Alaxa,
>
>     Am 25.06.2018 um 20:17 schrieb al...@libero.it:
>
>         > >
> >         I'm sorry, i admit I wasn't clear enough.
> >         so, basically we have 30 little windows pc that act as thinclient.
> >
> >     >
>     This sounds like a rather weird setup. If the PCs are only used as
>     ThinClients, with no local windows applications that you need, then
>     running Windows on them is just unneccessary ballast.
>     I would strongly recommend switching to our X2Go ThinClient image - it
>     can be installed into an existing Windows installation, if you don't
>     want to/cannot use network booting. Both the network booting as well as
>     the local installation offer an easy way back to Windows if something
>     goes wrong, as you do _not_ need to delete Windows/repartition/reformat.

Yes, it may sound weird but it's not: there are a lot of setups like our
classroom which is based on devices like the "Wyse" from Dell. The main reason
why at that moment we chose them was a better support for the RDPv10 protocol
and yes, why not, a nice centralized management support. All opinable, I
understand, but now that they are there we are trying to get the better
experience from them; at the moment we wanted replace the "OpenNX/Nomachine"
client with something newer and "x2go" seemed to be a nice option.

>         > >
> >         At the welcome screen there are the options to use "windows" or
> > "linux" and each with a specific configration set, call it "session". So
> > when I press "Linux" it calls the MYSESSION only with its settings.Now, I
> > wanted to keep this welcome interface as clean and easy possible. The good
> > was pyHoca-gui with its "username/password" window, but again, it's too
> > slow to start once a user press "Linux"
> >
> >         then I saw that x2goclient can accept many parameters if run by
> > command line and infact it works nice with the ones I specified in the
> > parts and "worst", on the right, one can still see the name of the session.
> > Well, it's not a drama, but it's not so clean as the pyHoca interface.
> >
> >     >
>     The clean way to solve this would be the X2Go Session Broker.
>     In broker mode, X2GoClient prompts you for your login credentials first,
>     and determines which session tiles should be shown depending on the user
>     name, group membership, or IP range. You'd probably want to use user
>     name or group membership for your use case.
>     That way, each user is only shown the tile they are supposed to see.
>
>     A hackish solution would be to specify different "sessions" files.
>     You'd have to create two Desktop Shortcuts, each specifying --portable,
>     and also --session-conf= - with two different "sessions" files, one per
>     Shortcut, and each only containing one single session configuration.
>     Then you'd use --session= to make them default to the one tile they
>     should actually use to connect.
>     (Using --portable on Windows will also cause a "sessions" file to be
>     created, rather than storing the session information in the registry.)

yes, that is what we are doing right now: a welcome screen with many
"connectors", where each X2Go shortcut points to its own -notEditable-
"session" profile. Unfortunately after one clicks it happens what I described
before.

>     Before going that route, I'd seriously consider anX2Go-ThinClientEditon +
> X2GoBroker solution, though.
>
>     In case you're afraid that it would take you too long to figure
>     everything out yourself, the TCE build scripts are documented here
>     (<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce>), there is a demo broker
>     environment you can install on a few virtual machines to try things out
>     (see <https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:x2gobroker>), and if that
>     still isn't enough, there's also the commercial support option:

I hoped that a compact interface was much easier than setting up another piece
of software.. well, honestly THAT sounds weird to me too :-) but Ok, I may give
it a try, even if and in our current setup is much more than useless :-)

>     <shameless plug>X2Go also has a commercial side, where various companies
> - including my
>     own - offer support contracts with guaranteed response times as well as
>     consultancy and paid-for development work if someone wants to see a bug
>     fixed or a new feature added in a certain time frame. What makes my
>     company special is, IMHO:
>
>     1) I'm the current X2Go Project/Community Coordinator, so the
>     development lead and the developers tend to listen to me.
>     2) As far as I know, we are the only company providing X2Go support that
>     isn't a one-man-show.
>     3) We sub-contract other developers from the X2Go community on demand,
>     so you only have one person you need to talk to - me - and you will only
>     receive one invoice, even if the task involved several freelance or
>     part-time X2Go developers.
>
>     Our hourly rate for consultancy work and fixing issues outside of a
>     support contract is 125 EUR. With a support contract, you get guaranteed
>     response times and lower hourly rates if you buy a certain amount of
>     hours in advance.
>     </shameless plug>

Ok, got it..

thank you for the kind replay and SORRY if it seemed I wanted to take profit of
this list instead of going directly to the commercial support: before
subscribing I read it can be used for asking help and so I did.

with regards,
alaxa