Stefan Baur <x2go-m...@baur-itcs.de> wrote on Thu, 28 Mar 2019 18:46:41 +0100:

> Sounds like a DPI issue to me.  Have you tried changing the DPI setting
> in the X2GoClient Session Configuration?

Yes, either DPI setting (very low or very high) affects all fonts (like menu
items, window titles, message boxes etc.), but neither xterm nor xdosemu.
Strange!

I tried "custom desktop" and simply gave "sh /home/me/.xinitrc" as an
experiment. Everything shows up like my local desktop with two exceptions.
Xterm is a very small window with small font in it (as if my X resource
XTerm.VT100.font: 10x18 would be ignored or 10x18 is some other font) and
xdosemu.

The above holds for starting without VcXsrv's font directory. When I enable
the directory and put my 10x18 font into fonts/misc, I get the same small
size window, but now with my (too big) font in it. Glyphs overlay.

It seems that the wrong size font is used to calculate xterm's window size at
start-up. (BTW, how could VcXsrv run when I removed its font directory as an
experiment? Where do fonts come from?)

> And even if that doesn't help, I'm sure there are better ways to get
> this fixed than to (ab)use a shadow session.

I'd love to, but I currently have no idea how to fix it.

Ingo