> The upstream PyHoca GUI still uses Python2 on distros that still have
> Python2. On Debian 11, PyHoca GUI runs on Python3.

And are there any known attempts to make it work on Python 3 on Windows?

> Your problem seems to be in this session.log line:
>
> ```
> Error: Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
> ```

Do I understand it correctly when I assume that cookie is not the problem when
I see the same cookie in X2Go client log and in the options file present in the
session directory as indicated below?

>> pytis2go[8736] (x2goproxy-pylib) DEBUG: NX3 Proxy mode is server,
>> cookie=2532ea9e54c10c087472bb500e715d1d, host=127.0.0.1, port=52113.
>>
>> The “options” file in the session directory contains:
>>
>> nx/nx,retry=5,composite=1,connect=127.0.0.1,clipboard=1,cookie=2532ea9e54c10c087472bb500e715d1d,port=52113,errors=.\..\S-cerha-50-1627381881_stRxterm_dp32\session.err:50

So if the cookie is ok, what problem might be with the version?  How do I check
which version is expected?

> Are you sure that the user that launches nxproxy.exe can access the local (MS
> Windows side) Xserver correctly?

Yes, believe that the user can access the Windows xserver (VcXsrv 1.15.2.2)
because when I run the same client in Python 2 environment with the same X
server, it works as expected.

> Or, the cookie string is wrong (see options file) and differs by some reason
> (X2Go client side / server side).

Probably not as indicated above.

Both the X server and the nxproxy.exe binary are the same versions in both
cases (with X2Go client running in Python 2 or Python 3).  It just does not
work with Python 3.

> In nx-libs upstream sources [1], you find some testscripts that you could
> modify and check if the interplay of nxproxy.exe (MSWin version) and nxagent
> (on Linux / X2Go Server) play together well.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will try to experiment with these
testscripts.

Best regards

Tomáš Cerha