Hi Tomáš,

sorry for the delay in my reply. I was on VAC.

On  Di 27 Jul 2021 21:10:57 CEST, Tomáš Cerha wrote:

The upstream PyHoca GUI still uses Python2 on distros that still have Python2. On Debian 11, PyHoca GUI runs on Python3.

And are there any known attempts to make it work on Python 3 on Windows?

Nope. Currently not.

Your problem seems to be in this session.log line:

```
Error: Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
```

Do I understand it correctly when I assume that cookie is not the problem when I see the same cookie in X2Go client log and in the options file present in the session directory as indicated below?

Hmmm... you are right. Yes.

pytis2go[8736] (x2goproxy-pylib) DEBUG: NX3 Proxy mode is server, cookie=2532ea9e54c10c087472bb500e715d1d, host=127.0.0.1, port=52113.

The “options” file in the session directory contains:

nx/nx,retry=5,composite=1,connect=127.0.0.1,clipboard=1,cookie=2532ea9e54c10c087472bb500e715d1d,port=52113,errors=.\..\S-cerha-50-1627381881_stRxterm_dp32\session.err:50

So if the cookie is ok, what problem might be with the version? How do I check which version is expected?

Hmmm...

Are you sure that the user that launches nxproxy.exe can access the local (MS Windows side) Xserver correctly?

Yes, believe that the user can access the Windows xserver (VcXsrv 1.15.2.2) because when I run the same client in Python 2 environment with the same X server, it works as expected.

Hmmm...

Or, the cookie string is wrong (see options file) and differs by some reason (X2Go client side / server side).

Probably not as indicated above.

Both the X server and the nxproxy.exe binary are the same versions in both cases (with X2Go client running in Python 2 or Python 3). It just does not work with Python 3.

Oh well, then it really must be the Python 3 variant of the code.

In nx-libs upstream sources [1], you find some testscripts that you could modify and check if the interplay of nxproxy.exe (MSWin version) and nxagent (on Linux / X2Go Server) play together well.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will try to experiment with these testscripts.

The only bit on Python X2Go that never was really tested against Python3 is the code in x2go/xserver.py. This code is only used on Windows.

I am not sure at all, if your implementation uses it. If it is, make sure it doesn't do unexpected things.

Also, Windows firewall might be blocking traffic. I assume that it recognized the pytis2go py2 as a different application from pytis2go py3. Make sure Windows firewall is disabled or has the appropriate port tolerances. X2Go Client implementations are quite demanding on open firewall ports.

Otherwise, I am sorry! I have no clue where to look next from remote.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de