On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM MMcBC <pet...@milsom.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm new to the mailing list and  long time user of X2Go on the same HP
> Notebook. Windows 10.
>
> X2go is running over Pulse Secure as the VPN to a Remote Server.

Pulse Secure - I have to use this crap, too. An it is causing problems
every second day...

I would suggest you try to update the machine to some recent Windows and
retry.

> When starting X2go on my notebook there is no message other than an
> Application Event Log Error.

Is there some kind of antivirus on your system?

> Faulting application name: x2goclient.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
> 0x057066f0
>
> Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp:
> 0xef8beaeb
> Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00087470
> Faulting process id: 0x378c
> Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ba7ea3b2ccb2
> Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\x2goclient.exe
> Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
> Report Id: 515a0295-b6ef-4134-804b-6b7f245dda43
>
> I've tried removing and reinstalling X2Go without any change.

You could try again an remove all traces of x2go from you appdata folder
and the registry after removal.

> I had a look for an X2Go Log file or dump that might give me a further
> lead to follow.
>
> I've attached that to the email.
>
> I also Had a look at the properties of the ntdll.dll
>
> That shows a fresh version - so that may be a pointer.

You could try to roll that back using Windows System Restore.

> Are there special compatibilities to be aware of ?

I am not aware of any - which means nothing ;-)

> Would be grateful for suggestions where next to look.

See above.

Uli