Thanks a lot Stefan that is good way for first step

All my best
George

2024. 04. 29, hétfő keltezéssel 12.40-kor Stefan Baur ezt írta:
Am 01.03.24 um 14:45 schrieb Urbanovits György:
Hello,

My idea to use X2GO in corp environment on linux & windoze, and I have complain
about possible miss-configuration or "accidental settings" of client setting by
users. There is any existing solution to lock client settings (all settings) by
users?
For example make connection, configuration setting to set ready
only/dimmed-grayed out exempt someone who have admin rights?

any advise, suggestion welcome

To avoid accidental changes, you can use --no-menu and
--no-session-edit, as explained in "man x2goclient", and store the
sessions file on a read-only network share.
--session-conf=/path/to/sessions-file is the parameter for that, also
explained in the manpage.

Or you can use a session broker setup.

However, there is no way of stopping a user that deliberately wants to
mess with the configuration.
They will always find a way to run x2goclient without any
parameters/with their custom parameters, bypassing your restrictions.

I guess the only way around it might (i.e., still no guarantee) be the
HTML5Client in a rather elaborate setup, where users do not have direct
access to the X2GoServer via IP, only to the HTML5Client. But, the
HTML5Client is neither release-ready nor feature-complete yet ...

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)