Title: RE: [XC] just to add to the anxiety

we pay to do this? :^) K

    ----------
    From:   Mike Ivey
    Sent:   Tuesday, February 18, 2003 1:51 PM
    To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Subject:        [XC] just to add to the anxiety

    Birkie officials are calling for minus 15 at race start, i challenge water bottle carriers to keep them thawed

    February 18, 2003

    A full race is planned from Cable to Hayward. About 47K of the trail is in very good to excellent condition. On the south end from Gravel Pit to Duffy's Field there are a few brown patches on the hills, some areas have grass protruding through and there are bare spots in Duffy's Field. The City of Hayward will truck in snow to Duffy's Field today and it will be groomed on Friday. The old Birkie trail at Fish Hatchery is in great condition. We may use that as an alternate on race day depending on the course condition at that location. Lake Hayward is holding snow well and we have sufficient snow stockpiled to take the race from Marketplace to Main Street in Hayward. The township of Cable will assist in hauling snow to the Start area. Telemark is also making snow for the Start area. The plan is to start laying snow on Main Street Wednesday night for the events on Thursday. Today is cloudy with temperatures in the 20 degree range. Snow is expected Friday and Saturday. The temperature at race time is forecasted to be -15 degrees. Come prepared for a challenging race.