On Wednesday 18 August 2010, Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:
> On 17.08.2010 17:24, Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:
> > On 17.08.2010 15:51, Hemal C.Bavishi wrote:
> >> When I tried to compile it with the latest version of kernel with
> >> xenomai 2.5.4, I am getting following errors in Xenomai (disable
> >> CONFIG_SMP, enable CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC and CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC
> >> (*).)
> >
> > Just tested, got the same build error with 2.6.34.
> > If I patch 2.6.34 with prepare-kernel [1] it compiles,
> > if I use the debian packaged patch generated with prepare-patch [2]
> > it fails.
> >
> > I guess a fix is needed in prepare-patch for 2.6.34, but no time to
> > look closer now.
>
> patch for prepare-patch.sh attached.
> prepare-kernel.sh try's to find ipipe.h and uses the old or new tree
> structure. Is it ok to change this unconditionally in
> prepare-patch.sh? All adeos-patches in xenomai-2.5.git have ipipe.h
> in
> arch/$linux_arch/include/asm/, so i think yes.

As long as no one tries to include a patch for anything prior to 2.6.28
(I think that is when everything moved to arch/*/include/asm) - There
is only one ipipe patch in head currently for 2.6.25-ppc, but I doubt
if anyone would be using it on a Debian build.

For that one case, I don't think it worth adding any additional
complexity to generate a patch with a limited life span.

Regards, Paul.