Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:
> On 17.08.2010 15:51, Hemal C.Bavishi wrote:
>> When I tried to compile it with the latest version of kernel with xenomai
>> 2.5.4, I am getting following errors in Xenomai (disable CONFIG_SMP, enable
>> CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC and
>> CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC (*).)
>>

> Just tested, got the same build error with 2.6.34.
> If I patch 2.6.34 with prepare-kernel [1] it compiles,
> if I use the debian packaged patch generated with prepare-patch [2] it
> fails.
>
> I guess a fix is needed in prepare-patch for 2.6.34, but no time to look
> closer now.
>
> Stefan
>
> [1] xenomai-2.5.4/scripts/prepare-kernel.sh
> [2] xenomai-2.5.4/debian/prepare-patch.sh

prepare-kernel.sh has a "--outpatch" option, which seems to be able to
generate patches, so, would not it be possible to modify prepare-patch
to simply call prepare-kernel.sh with the --outpatch option?

This way, we will not have to duplicate into prepare-patch.sh the
modifications we make to prepare-kernel.sh.

--
                                            Gilles.