Hi,
I think the problem is in OS390PlatformUtils.cpp which has:

#if defined (XML_USE_ICU_TRANSCODER)
    #include <xercesc/util/Transcoders/ICU/ICUTransService.hpp>
#elif defined (XML_USE_UNICONV390_TRANSCODER)
    #include
<xercesc/util/Transcoders/Uniconv390/Uniconv390TransService.hpp>
#else   // use native transcoder
    #include <xercesc/util/Transcoders/Iconv390/Iconv390TransService.hpp>
#endif

So it is using the Iconv390TransService, which I doesn't work (the Iconv390
transcoder isn't an option any more on runConfigure so it won't build these
files).

Can  you try using Uniconv390 for the transcoder?  You will need ICU for
that...

Alternatively you could try replacing the include for
Iconv390TransService.hpp with the following (not sure if that will work or
not):
#include <xercesc/util/Transcoders/Iconv/IconvTransService.hpp>

BTW, for z/OS you can also get the XML Toolkit from
https://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/xml/.

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             "blatt, lew"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       "'xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org'"
             04/05/2005 05:14          <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         zOS Xerces 2.6 build problem
               xerces-c-dev

I'm attempting to build Xerces 2.6.0 on zOS (platform os390).  I commend
IBM
on their work.  It's awesome building with gmake under USS.  It's been a
decade since I've spoken  SMP/E :)  I don't recall getting this far with
earlier Xerces revisions either.  I doubt I'm getting any smarter, after
all
these years, so I suspect IBM has smoothed things out for the zOS build,
since Xerces 2.2.  My thanks.  However, I've run into two problems along
the
way:

problem 1 - I build at the top with gmake, after executing config w/the
following:

export _CXX_CXXSUFFIX=cpp
export TRANSCODER=NATIVE
export MESSAGELOADER=INMEM
export USELIBWWW=0
export NETACCESSOR=Socket
export CC=c89
export CXX=c++
export _CXX_CCMODE=1
export _C89_CCMODE=1

virtually everthing (dom, sax, ...) compiles without warning.  At bind time
i receive many unresolved ref errors.  Below, after snafu 2, i post
beginning and ending portions.

problem 2 - Oddly, when linking the .o files statically with my app, the
bind completes and i can, in fact, execute.  That is, if I execute
POSIX(OFF).  I'm unclear where the failure is when I execute POSIX(ON), and
wonder if anyone has experienced problems, based on the posix setting.

thanks in advance,
lew

portion of build o/p:

Building /u/agroccia/lewXerces/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/lib/libxerces-c2_6_0.dll
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL __ct__Q2_11xercesc_2_220Iconv390TransServiceFv
UNRESOLVED.
          MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.
FSUM3065 The LINKEDIT step ended with return code 8.
gmake[1]: ***
[/u/agroccia/lewXerces/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/lib/libxerces-c2_6_0.dll
] Error 3
Building
/u/agroccia/lewXerces/xerces-c-src_2_6_0/lib/libxerces-depdom2_6_0.dll
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL
          fgArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni
          UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED
CALL
          LIBRARY. NAME SPACE = 3
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL

__ct__Q2_11xercesc_2_212XMLExceptionFRCQ2_11xercesc_2_212XMLException
          UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED
CALL
          LIBRARY.
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL __dt__Q2_11xercesc_2_212XMLExceptionFv UNRESOLVED.
MEMBER
          COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL

loadExceptText__Q2_11xercesc_2_212XMLExceptionFCQ3_11xercesc_2_210XML
          Excepts5Codes UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE
          DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.
.
.
.
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL fgNoString__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni UNRESOLVED.
MEMBER
          COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.
          NAME SPACE = 3
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL fgUTF8EncodingString__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni
UNRESOLVED.
          MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.
          NAME SPACE = 3
 IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL fgVersion1_0__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni UNRESOLVED.