At 10.17 13/04/2005 +0530, Mahabaleshwar, Ravindra wrote:
Hello,

Xercesc 2.6 has been ported to NonStop machines (Tandem). While running the DOMParser
we have been facing memory leak issue. Even though parser->resetDocumentPool();
is used after parsing the xmlFile memory seems to be constantly increasing.
While goinf through the bug list I found this issue "XERCESC-1362" that looks similar to ours.
Could you please help us fix this problem.

Unfortunately I don't have a Tandem machine where I can reproduce the memory leak; have you tried using valgrind?

Alberto

This how I modified DOMCount sample to find the memory leak issue.

        for (i = 0; i < 15000; i++)
        {
        try
        {
            // reset document pool
            parser->resetDocumentPool();

const unsigned long startMillis = XMLPlatformUtils::getCurrentMillis();
doc = parser->parseURI(xmlFile);
const unsigned long endMillis = XMLPlatformUtils::getCurrentMillis();
duration = endMillis - startMillis;
}
}

Regards