Hi All,

For what it is worth I see two roads to follow.

        1) create a glossary for swiss-french

        2) modify the french glossary to accommodate swiss-spacing.

Following 1 has the advantage that it keeps the french glossary clean. Yet, to
follow this road
causes a problem with maintaining another glossary for a french variant. The
question then is
is the difference between french and swiss-french is that great to warrant such
a move.

Following 2 can increases maintainability, all that would be needed would be a
command like
\swissspacing@punctionuation model after:
\def\nofrench@punctuation{%
   \lccode"2019=\z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\! \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\? \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\‼ \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\⁇ \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\⁈ \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\⁉ \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\; \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\: \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\« \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\» \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\‹ \z@
   \XeTeXcharclass `\› \z@
   \XeTeXinterchartokenstate=0
   }
This approach is modular and would allow a quick way of switching between the
two "languages"
If there are more sublimities one could use a command/switch like \swissfrench.

I believe route 2 is the saneness one to follow.

regards
        Keith.