From: Hussein Shafie <huss...@xmlmind.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 4:29 AM
To: rmr...@maxprograms.com
Cc: xfc-support@xmlmind.com
Subject: Re: [XFC] XSL Utility on macOS 12.5.1

On 9/7/22 18:54, rmr...@maxprograms.com wrote:

> Tried to use XSL Utility to generate output from DITA on macOS 12.5.1
> using Intel and M1 Macs and in both cases, it failed to convert files
> stored in /Documents folder or its children.

Yes. This is caused by security checks introduced as of macOS Catalina 10.15.

> It seems the embedded ditac is not entitled to process DITA files in
> /Documents folder, but it works fine with files in my home folder.

This is a well-known problem. Anyway thank you for taking the time to

Have you installed the .dmg distribution or just the .zip distribution?

- If you have installed the .zip distribution, please consider
installing the .dmg distribution (numerically signed; contains some
permission requests in its Info.plist) because we are not 100% sure that
this distribution still has this problem.

- If you have installed the .dmg distribution, a workaround is described
here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/known_problems.html#catalina_file_access

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List