On 9/8/22 11:34, Rodolfo M. Raya wrote:
Hello Hussein,

I used the version from the .dmg and can confirm it has the problem.

The reason why I tried the XSL utility is because I'm updating Conversa, a free UI for ditac, and run into a problem trying to use ditac from a notarized Mac app. Running from a script instead of double-clicking the icon works, but that somehow kills the idea of using a GUI instead of the command line.

Indeed.

Additional testing reveal that the Conversa can read and write files on
/Documents folder but only fails executing ditac there.

Thank you very much for this useful information. We'll try to fix this issue in the next version of XSL Utility.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya       rmr...@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms      https://www.maxprograms.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Hussein Shafie <huss...@xmlmind.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2022 4:29 AM
To: rmr...@maxprograms.com
Cc: xfc-support@xmlmind.com
Subject: Re: [XFC] XSL Utility on macOS 12.5.1

On 9/7/22 18:54, rmr...@maxprograms.com wrote:

Tried to use XSL Utility to generate output from DITA on macOS 12.5.1
using Intel and M1 Macs and in both cases, it failed to convert files
stored in /Documents folder or its children.

Yes. This is caused by security checks introduced as of macOS Catalina 10.15.

It seems the embedded ditac is not entitled to process DITA files in
/Documents folder, but it works fine with files in my home folder.

This is a well-known problem. Anyway thank you for taking the time to

Have you installed the .dmg distribution or just the .zip distribution?

- If you have installed the .zip distribution, please consider
installing the .dmg distribution (numerically signed; contains some
permission requests in its Info.plist) because we are not 100% sure that
this distribution still has this problem.

- If you have installed the .dmg distribution, a workaround is described
here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/known_problems.html#catalina_file_access

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List