Dear XFree86 Staff member,
   I have a small problem that I cannot seem to explain and fix. Upon booting my
system, the X and gdm are started. From gdm I can log into GNOME and make use of X as
much as I want to without any problem; however, when I log out the X server will not
start anymore. Instead, it tells me it has encountered an error and cannot start X. I
looked at my /var/log/XFree86.0.log and found errors relating to the AGP support of my
i810. Both /dev/agpgart and DRI support are built into my kernel (2.4.19_r7) and the
glx and dri modules are loaded in my XF86Config. The only solution so far is to take
out DRI support out of the kernel. Is there a conflict between the DRI and AGP for the
i810? However, I would need to use DRI to be able to render 3D applications. Is there
a possible solution to this problem? Thank you ahead for your time.
                                                                                 Yours,

Jean-Pierre de la Croix