On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Bill Swingle wrote:

> > This log shows that you are being bitten by a bug I have fixed since
> > 4.2.1.  The workaround is to specify Option "LcdSync" in the device
> > section of your XF86Config.

> That did it! Thanks so much! I'm now the proud user of a 1400x1050,
> 24 bit display. It's nice and fast too!

You're most welcome.  However, I need to advise you that further
examination of your log reveals that even the upcoming 4.3 version, as it
currently stands, will not properly deal with your situation by default.
Your adapter's BIOS leaves behind a scenario that I still need to decide
what to do about.  So, for now, keep that 'Option' around.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |