Ok, thanks...

then actually the only system based in Unix that not use XFree86 is
MacOS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Coopersmith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 11:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [XFree86] ONE QUESTION

Almost all Unix systems include a version of the X Window System -
generally
based off the original MIT/X Consortium/X.org sources.  XFree86 is a
branch
off those sources which is used by most open source releases.  You can
find
more information at http://www.x.org/

(Technically, in order to claim to be a "Unix Workstation (tm)", a
system must
  include the X Window System - see
http://www.opengroup.org/regproducts/xwm0.htm  )

Long long ago, in the late 80's, this was not always true and there were
other
graphics systems on Unix, such as Sun NeWS and Apollo DM, but they have
all long
since died out.  There have also been attempts to develop new ones, such
as
Berlin, but they have not been able to gain much hold against X.  The
only major
Unix-like system that comes with anything other than X today is MacOS X,
for
which X is now available, but the native graphics system is Apple's
Quartz.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Sun Microsystems, Inc.   -   Sun Software Group

Giraldo Alonso Suarez wrote:
> Then, UNIX only use xfree86 like grafic server?

NetBSD,