I'm having a strange problem with my monitor. In linux (RH 8.0) it is
just 'slightly' blurry. Not so blurry as to make it impossible to read,
but blurry enough that if I code here for more than 20 minutes or so, my
head is pounding from eye strain. If I boot up into windblows 2000 it's
nice and crisp using the same resolution (1024 x 768). Any ideas how to
fix this? I've tried all kinds of refresh rates to no avail. I even
tried 800 x 600 (eeek), but it was blurry there as well.

Here's my config:
RedHat 8.0 (haven't upgraded anything until I figure this out so it's
all distro defaults)
GeForce 2 MX 400 (Also tried a PCI ATI Xpert 128 with same result)
Shamrock C903P5 19" monitor.

it HAS to be something in the monitor settings. I tried this before with
RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 on a machine with an Intel 810 (I think), but ended
up going back to 2000. Well I've decided that I'm NEVER using another MS
product, so I have to figure this out now.

Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Rick