On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Mark Vojkovich wrote:

>    I don't suppose you know how to use gdb so you can find
> where it crashed at?

Nope, don't know gdb, but that has never stopped me before. (That's what
man and google are for):

# gdb XFree86 ./XFree86.core
GNU gdb 4.18 (FreeBSD)
<blahblahblah GPL notice stuff>
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `XFree86'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libz.so.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.4...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...
done.
#0  0x28214b78 in kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
(gdb)

(I assumed by the gdb prompt it was done. Hope that was right, as it
seemed a little short.)

> Option "NoDDC"
>
>  in the Section "Device"  to have the core server
> not query the monitor info, in case
> that's the problem.  If that works let us know.

Adding the Option "NoDDC" didn't seem to make any difference, in either
the crash or a gdb of the core dump.