Mel,

This is a stupid response and demonstrates more about you than the
chipset.  Yes the via CLE266 chipset is underpowered, but the fact is
the C3 processors they are found with are as well. Their application
is low-end and low-power consumption tasks only. As well the tiny
motherboards these chips are found on means that you might only have
the space for one or even no PCI slots.  There is no AGP slot on the
EPIA-M!!!! So you don't usually want to waste that PCI slot with a
graphic card (I have a Hauppauge PVR-250 in my one slot).

There is a via driver that Alan Houraine commited to XFree, so your
comment about support is also clearly wrong.

Now to answer the original question.... I'm also using a CVS version
of the module from a while back. Can't remember off-hand from when,
and I don't have this problem. However Sig 11 errors are usually
pretty easy to find.  Just recompile the via_drv.o module with "-g"
flag and run the server under gdb from a remote console. Do a
backtrace when it crashs and if it crashed in the via_drv.o module
identify the exact line it crashed on. This should give all of the
info needed to correct this problem....

Cheers
David

Daprès mel kravitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (le 27/05/2003):

--
David Bateman                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 25 00 (Ph)

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary