On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Erik Enge wrote:

> Do they tell us anything more?

Can I get you to rerun the test on box 2 with ./xscope -v2 ?

That way, I can get the request number for each X request and see exactly
which of the Render requests that fail.

It doesn't look like the Render extension in the X server is where the bug
is.  The code looks very nice and simple (*).

I think I have learnt to decipher most of an RenderAddGlyph request now --
except for *) I'm not sure how to calculate the length of a scanline in a
glyph pixmap.  In fact, I'm not even sure I know which Pixmap type is used
for the images of the glyphs that are sent to the X server (it's the first
time I try to decipher logs like these).

If you don't want to play but just want TXWord to work on test4/box 2 like
it does on test3/box 1, I don't blame you.

Box 1 uses server-side fonts, which is the old style font technology in X
and requires a running font server.  Box 2 uses client-side fonts, which
is newer, faster, leaner on the band width, and vastly fancier -- and
doesn't even require a font server.  Reconfigure box 2 to run with a font
server instead of using client side fonts and it should all just work.

-Peter

PS: No, the logs haven't leaked any vital information - just TXWord, the
two machine names and the filename of the document involved.