Hi Andy,

Thanx for your advice.

I used nm and got the same return as yours. Also i add "ddc", this time the symbol not
warning again
but still core dump. I have removed Red Hat and only left its XF86Config as attached.
Red Hat 9 come
with XFree86 4.3.0_2.

My current FreeBSD is 5.0 but XFree86 4.3.0 for BSD5.1 packages. I think it doesn't
matter. (Am I wrong?)
In the laptop I have tried FreeBSD 4.8 with XFree86 4.3.0 before, each time told me
another symbol
warning unresolved in nsc_drv.o.
Symbol XAAPatternROP_PM from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nsc_drv.o is
unresolved!

I love BSD and decide to use NetBSD when i got message from Alan Barrett
http://news.gw.com/netbsd.ports.i386/30161 , but after when i tried to configure XF86,
it told me hard to find suitable screen. I return to FB5 then.