The following is from a thread from this past week, but to save you time i
have included it below.

Hope this is what you were looking for:

Please note that this should not be done over a public network as XDMCP is
not a very secure protocol.

===Begin Paste===

Andy, you rock...
Thanks a bunch.

All the information you provided is accurate and functional.  As far as the
security concerns you mentioned all of the hosts involved in this config are
in a R&D environment on non-routable nets.  Otherwise I would just use ssh.

For any that are running RH9 there is also another way to get the same
results.
I found this after about 6 hours of reading.

This is for systems running RH9 and Gnome as the desktop.

The file /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf contains config paramters for xdm (gdm),
xdmcp, and the login screen you see when you start an X session.

Look for the '[servers]' section
The default server config is:

'0=Standard'

comment that line out and add a line that looks like this:

'0=Terminal -indirect serverhostname' (in my case it was jupiter)

This sets up your client machine to send an indirect X query to
'serverhostname' to find out what X servers are available.

On the 'serverhostname' (jupiter) you need to configure it so that it
replies to the query with a list of X servers that are accessible to handle
the request.

The configuration is done via a file called /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess

There are a number of ways Xaccess can be configured depending on your
needs.  The file is pretty well commented so it is easy to understand.

Also, for additional information - which was also very helful I managed to
find a tutorail about all of this that even a neophyte like myself can
understand.

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~kaszeta/unix/xterminal/basics.html

WARNING: If you do read the documentation about XDMCP you will learn that it
is NOT a very secure protocol and if you plan on implementing this config
over a public network you need to take additional security measures.

Many thanks to Andy, and the author of the link above... Now when I boot
Linux is presents me with a screen that enables me to choose which linux box
I want to initiate an X session for.  Very cool.

OSUniverse

PS. The documentation for XFree86 makes the book 'War and Peace' look like a
short poem, no wonder people would rather fight wars than learn computers.