On Sunday, July 13, 2003 5:48 pm, Geoff Petzold wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 13, 2003 5:06 pm, Geoff Petzold wrote:
> > > I crashed X again but fail to see how i can ping my computer from a
> > > different host if my comuter is frozen...
> >
> > It's just a test to see if your computer really is frozen or if you only
> > lost keyboard/monitor I/O.  You might be surprised.  Every time I try to
> > get DRI working I wind up with what appears to be a frozen machine, but I
> > can still log in via telnet.
>
> Yes, I understand the theory behind doing this, but... i only have one
> computer... how do I do this with one computer?  Do I not need a second one
> to be able to ping the one im having problems with??

One of us could try ping, if we knew your IP address...

Try this.  Hit http://ioioio.net/geoff and I'll see you in the log.  Then I'll
start pinging you.  I'll record the time when the pings fail and send it to
you in email.  You record the time when your computer appears to lock up and
when you reboot.  Be sure to sync with ntp first or we won't get anywhere.

--
Andy Goth  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://ioioio.net/
End communication.