Hi,
I have installed Linux Mandrake 9.1 on the following computer:

HP Vectra VE 6/xxx Series 8  (Model number: D6546av)
with an AGP Matrox G100 Productiva (Model number D5064-6048) video card

During the installation the Mandrake installer detected correctly my video
card so I went on happy.
I decided to boot my system in graphical mode becouse I have not yet a linux
expert user and so I help myself with the GUI interface.
Unfortunately when the system statup, after detecting everything correct
(lan, disk, module dependences etc...), I got a black screen !!!

At this point I type CTRL + ALT + F1 to enter into a text tty1 terminal.
I tried to star X and the output was:

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.

I removed  /tmp/.X0-lock and tried again typing X, but I got the following
error output that I sent also in attachment

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already
running

What I can do to solve this problem ?

I thank you in advance

Marco Pelizzari