I currently have logging turned on, as it is nice to have logging going
when someone calls with an issue and you can check the history.

One thing I noticed, is the POP3 logging includes whatever password the
client sent in (apop or plain text or whatever).  Since I can't force the
clients to use POP3, is there a way to not log the password?  This seems
like a serious sercurity issue to have a file on your hard drive with
plain-text passwords.

On this topic, I joined the Xmail-WAI mail-list, but haven't gotten any
receipts or replies on that mail list yet.  I'm sure some of you are using
this...  Xmail and Xmail-WAI are now working fairly well for me, but I'm
very concerned about having my Xmail and Xmail-WAI admin passwords in
plain-text in the config.xml file.  Xmail-WAI also displays the user's
password in plain-text when they are logged in.  This seems very in-secure
to me.

Also, in Win2K, what directory permissions do you use for the xmwconfig and
xmadmin directorys?  I had Administrator/System full, but I had to enable
Full for Everyone to get MailProc and other functions working in
Xmail-Wai.  Any tips would be appreciated.

For now, I'm only going to use Xmail-WAI for on-machine administration and
I've blocked all http traffic to the box.  Anyone else have thoughts on
these security issues?

... Jason Badry