Em Quarta 15 Março 2006 16:05, Davide Libenzi escreveu:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Helio Cavichiolo Jr wrote:
> > I created a program to authenticate, add, remove and edit mail users into
> > a mysql table using the userauth xmail feature. I was getting problems
> > with existing applications because they slow down listing operations when
> > we have lots of users in xmail. This way, having the users into a mysql
> > table I don't need to query xmail for listing.
> > Now I am planning to handle ml users, but I need to know if there's a way
> > to pass usertype to my program via userauth feature, so I can store this
> > field into mysql table and don't need to query xmail while listing users
> > with their respective usertypes.
>
> There is no way to pass that to the userauth binary. I am pretty sure
> though, that the XMail lookup inside its DB, is faster than an external
> binary execution plus a DB connection and query.

An application that manages xmail users and collect users' list connecting to
xmail admin port is several times slower than an application that uses sql
queries. Because of this, I created a binary program to authenticate, add,
remove and edit xmail users into mysql. So, the "application that manages the
users" (I mean the user interface not the binary program), make all queries
to the mysql and connect to xmail admin port only for changes.
I did this after testing umpl in a xmail server with more than 2000 accounts.
When you open umpl, it expends minutes before showing users' list.
With my solution, I can see users' list as soon as I open the application.
Did you get what I mean?
And because this, I would appreciate a way to let my binary know if the user
being created is a normal user (U) or a mailing list user (M) to place this
information into the sql DB, so the application front-end (users' manager)
can distinguish among them.

Helio