Is anyone out there using an IMAP server with Xmail?

I read a couple of the articles on the xmailserver.org site, but have not
had a great deal of luck with them, as the platform that I was using was
FreeBSD. It seemed that either Courier did not want to compile correctly,
or that the link between the dbmail server and xmail (via mailproc.tab)
just did not want to work.

I was wondering if there was another way to do it? At some point in the
future, will Xmail support Imap?

Thanks in advance.