On 7 Apr 2007, at 20:08, Don Drake wrote:

> I don't get it.
>
> I just upgraded to 1.24 (more emails on that later), and I'm still getting
> ENODNS from @returns.bulk.yahoo.com.  I just commented out my SmartDNSHost
> setting and cleared dnscache and it's still occurring.  Now that I'm
> grasping for straws, the from email is quite large (it's 99 characters),
> would that matter?
>
> Just be clear, CheckMailerDomain checks that the 'MAIL FROM:<>' domain
> exists (MX or A record) and not the IP/name of the sender?
>
> -Don

I normally have CheckMailerDomain disabled and just tried with MAIL
FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and it was accepted. Then enabled
CheckMailerDomain and same MAIL FROM: is rejected with "505 Your
domain has not DNS/MX entries"

This is 1.25-pre02.

'host returns.bulk.yahoo.com' gives list of six mx hosts,
c1.bullet.mud.yahoo.com etc, and for each of those I see what appears
to be an A record.

Now I try "MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 OK

Now I try "MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 OK

Now I disable CheckMailerDomain again.

So there is something odd about returns.bulk.yahoo.com. That's about
my limit to working out dns issues.