Hello all,

A production server running FreeBSD-7.0 and XMAIL-1.25 just started to core
dump a few days ago… I have disabled all the filters, deleted content of
tabindex, deleted spool, deleted logs, chmodded -R 777, dnscache and it keep
crashing after a few pop3 connections.

I have ran hardware tests on the server and it doesn’t seem to be an
hardware problem, debug only shows lines like “POP3 connection FROM 1.2.3.4”
and then a new line with “Segmentation fault (core dumped)”. There is
nothing in the systems logs.. I am quite lost…

To fix the problem I had to downgrade to 1.24 binaries, the server runs with
them for 4 days now and no crash. I have no idea with 1.25 would suddenly
start crashing like that after months of stable use. I guess I will just
recompile the whole 1.25 source and try the new binaries, they might have
been corrupted?

Anyone have any idea? Thank you.

-fred